Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shrimp Robin

Bookmark this recipe. Seriously, it is so good and too easy. Mr. ShoeFanatic is a total kitchen snob and doesn't usually like to take "shortcuts" but he loves when I make this! This also does not take very long to cook. I started cooking this at 6:40 and we were sitting down to eat at 7:30. I also had to wait on the bread so it probably only takes 30-40 minutes tops.

Oh, sorry I don't have a picture of this fabulous creation. I forgot before we ate and there wasn't any leftover.

Ingredients:
3 lbs. shrimp, peeled & deveined
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder)
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 container Guidry's Fresh Cuts seasoning mix (or any other fresh/frozen seasoning mix)
2 jars Classico Alfredo Sauce
2 T Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning Blend
2 c shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 c half & half
1 bag of pasta shells, boiled

Season your shrimp and let sit overnight in the fridge.

Melt your butter in a large dutch oven. Add your seasoning mix (you can also use freshly chopped onions, bell pepper, garlic and celery...but this is easier) and shrimp and saute until shrimp are pink. About 10-15 minutes.

Add your alfredo sauce and blackened redfish seasoning, stir well and let simmer for a few minutes. Lastly, stir in your parmesan and evaporated milk. Let this simmer for another few minutes. It will be a soupy sauce.

Ladle over the pasta and garnish with more parmesan if desired.

Verdict:
All of my friends think that I am the greatest chef ever when I make this. I almost hate giving them the recipe because then they see just how easy it is. You could definitely use your own alfredo sauce if you wanted but Classico is probably the best jarred sauce I've ever had. The Paul Prudhomme seasoning is what really gives this dish it's awesome flavor anyway.

Served With:
Garlic Knots

Source:
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment