Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tomatoes & Asparagus

Yet another pictureless post.

We love asparagus and basalmic vinegar. When I saw this recipe on Erica's Kitchen Adventures blog, I knew we had to try it. I couldn't find cherry tomatoes at the market so I used grape tomatoes instead.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus stalks, ends removed
Grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 T olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Dressing:
2 T olive oil
1 T basalmic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pinch of sugar

Preheat oven to 400.

Cut asparagus into 3 pieces using angled cuts. Put those and the tomatoes in a baking dish. Pour olive oil over and sprinkle with salt & pepper and mix to cover. Roast for about 10 minutes until the asparagus is fork tender.

Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingreadients. Make sure it's mixed very well.

When the asparagus and tomatoes are done, cover in dressing and mix gently to coat.

Verdict:
I loved this. Mr. ShoeFanatic only loved the tomatoes. He informed me that he only likes his asparagus grilled. I think the key here is to use really good basalmic vinegar. We bought ours on our honeymoon at this shop called Olivier. You can really taste the difference! Also, next time I probably would only cut the asparagus in half.

Source:
Erica's Kitchen Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment