Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Acacia Pinot Noir


I have been slacking.

I had every intention of doing these wine reviews more often. I promise from now on I will be better at it.

As you all know by now, last week was Mr. ShoeFanatic's birthday. We had a lovely dinner at Juban's and we ordered a bottle of 2006 Acacia Pinot Noir. It was phenomenal. Not as heavy and over powering as a Cab but still strong enough to stand on it's own.

I planned a fabulous meal for last night and I knew I needed a fabulous wine not only to go with the tuna but with every other course I was planning on serving. Since we had enjoyed the Acacia so much last weekend, I figured it would go great with our anniversary meal as well.

And I was right. Smooth, not too dry, very aromatic. It's a very lovely wine. I do need to mention that I accidentaly grabbed the 2007 Pinot Noir instead of the 2006. You definitely could tell a difference but not enough to make me not want to buy it again. The 2006 has a richer taste. Which is appropriate because it is twice the price. :) Granted, it's still a good deal. The 2006 was $25 and the 2007 was $15.

Bottom line, this is a great wine and I highly recommend giving it a try. It would be a great "starter wine" for those who have red wine-aphobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment