Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dog Treats


I starred this a couple weeks ago and have been dying to make them but was putting it off for a couple reasons.

1) Because Procrastination is my middle name
and
2) I didn't want to have to go in the attic to dig out our cookie cutters. Why they are in the attic is another story.

But then a leisurely trip to Sur la Table solved all of that!

INGREDIENTS:
1 c milk (I used whole)
1 c peanut butter
2 c whole wheat flour + some for rolling
1 T baking soda

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix milk and peanut butter in a medium bowl until combined. Stir flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Slowly add dry mix to wet mix until all combined.

Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Or just create small discs. I found this cookie cutter that morning and was insistent my dog would like them better if it was shaped like a bone.

Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes before giving to your dog.

Please drop it, Mom!

VERDICT:
Well, the dog loves them. Seriously, she just sits and stares at the container holding the treats. I even gave a couple to some fellow dog owners; they were a hit!

I tasted them and can honestly say that it was very bland and not tasty at all. So don't feel the need to taste it. You can just take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment