Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tex-Mex Dip


My mom has been making this dip for as long as I can remember. Some people refer to it as 7 layer dip but since it doesn't have 7 layers, I feel like that is not correct. I also once saw peas in a 7 layer dip and I've been scarred every since. She always called it Tex-Mex dip so I will too.

INGREDIENTS:
1 can bean dip (from the chip section)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 16 oz container sour cream
Jalapenos, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 bag shredded Mexican cheese
black olives (I left this out)

In a shallow container (preferably with a lid), take a spatula and spread the bean dip evenly on the bottom of the pan.

In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. (Or if you're brave, omit the bowl and just mix the seasoning right into the container of sour cream.) Spread this on evenly on top of the bean dip.


Sprinkle desired amount of jalapenos and tomatoes on top of sour cream layer. This is where you would also add black olives if you're into that sort of thing (I am not).

I started adding cheese before I took a pic of just the jalapenos and tomatoes.
Whoop-sey.

Sprinkle bag of cheese over the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve with original Cheese Doritos or Tostitos. Or whatever other chip you have on hand. Or a spoon. Just serve it.

VERDICT:
As always, this was a hit. There is a reason Mom has made this for 25 years and counting.

This is definitely a dip that you can "make your own" with different veggie toppings. I love the heat the jalapenos give though.

Yum!

SOURCE:
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment