Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blueberry Muffins



I do believe that blueberry's are my favorite fruit of all time. I love blueberry pancakes, blueberry cobbler, blueberries in my cereal and above all, blueberry muffins.

I have been making this particular recipe for years. My youngest brother gave me this Better Homes & Gardens cookbook when I first moved to college and it has yet to let me down. I should note that the recipe linked calls for butter but my cookbook calls for cooking oil, so I used that instead. HOWEVER, I find myself using spray butter on the muffins so maybe I should consider adding it in.

INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 c AP flour
1/3 c sugar
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c milk
1/4 c cooking oil
1 c fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed

Preheat oven to 375.

Stir together flour, the sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside.

Combine eggs, milk and oil in a separate bowl; add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Don't overmix!

Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; about 2/3 of the way full. (If desired, sprinkle tops with coarse sugar.) Bake 20 minutes or until golden.


VERDICT:
Yummy as always! I actually think it could use more than 1 cup of blueberries but I tend to go overboard on things. Regardless, these are tried and true. A hit every single time!

SOURCE:
Better Homes & Gardens

1 comment:

  1. Those look heavenly. I'm totally making those this weekend. I will let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete