Saturday, June 20, 2009

Chicken Quesadillas


Oh I am so happy to have my camera cord back! I actually made this last week but didn't want to post it until I had photos to back up my recipe. I really love making quesadillas during the week and this is about as basic as it gets. Super easy for a weeknight meal!

INGREDIENTS:
4-6 chicken breasts, cubed
Salt & black pepper
Olive oil
1 onion
3 bell peppers (preferably in 3 different colors)
Tortillas
1 bag shredded Mexican cheese
Sour cream

Season chicken with salt and pepper to your liking. In a large skillet, coat the bottom with olive oil. Over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink. While that's cooking, cube bell peppers and onion.

Add veggies to the chicken and continue to cook until veggies are slightly soft (but still have a little crunch to them) and chicken is cooked all the way through. Remove from heat.


Start assembling quesadillas. On half of the tortilla, put a large spoonful of chicken/veggie mix and shredded cheese. Fold tortilla in half.

Spray a nonstick skillet liberally with Pam and grill tortilla over med-high heat or until cheese is melted. Continue for remaining quesadillas.

Serve with sour cream.

VERDICT:
We've been making this forever and it's still awesome. I really love the sweetness of the peppers after they've been sauteed. I will say that the peppers take a little longer to cook than I would like but I'm going to chalk that up to my craptastic stove!

SOURCE:
Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment