Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laughing Cow & Roasted Red Pepper Chicken



So the first time I saw a recipe for Laughing Cow Cheese Stuffed Chicken, I was intrigued. I love Laughing Cow Cheese. I mean, I love it so much, that it's a problem sometimes. Like when you eat the entire wheel in one sitting. Not that I'd ever do that...

Anyway, I was always just a little hesitant to make this because I wasn't sure how Mr. ShoeFanatic would like it. He can be a little particular. But when I stumbled across this gem, a light bulb in my head went off. We don't eat a lot of Sun Dried Tomatoes but we are total whores for Roasted Red Peppers! And an idea was born...

INGREDIENTS:
4-6 chicken breasts
Seasoning (salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne)
4-6 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese (1 per breast)
1/2 jar roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
Fresh basil
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350.

Season chicken breasts to your liking. Carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast, taking care not to slice all the way through. Cut each cheese wedge into 2 or 3 pieces. If you have large chicken, do 3 pieces. Like this:


If you have smaller chicken, do 2 pieces. Like this:


Insert cheese into chicken pocket evenly. Add a layer of red peppers into each chicken breast pocket and top with 2-3 basil leaves per breast.


Carefully dip each breast into egg and bread crumbs, coating evenly. Place on a greased baking pan cook for 20 minutes uncovered.


VERDICT:
Oh, yes ma'am!

These are gooooood. Like, really really goooood.

Very juicy on the inside. The mixture of the cheese and the red pepper is awesome and when you add the basil. Oh, it's so good.

Mr. ShoeFanatic had seconds. I'll be making this again. Soon.

SERVED WITH:
Mushroom & Alfredo Pasta
Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment