Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Banana Bread, Part Deux


Last Sunday, we were invited to a friends for dinner. I was going to bring a pumpkin spice cake in honor of fall. But apparently they don't like pumpkin.

I KNOW!

I don't understand it either. So I decided to make a banana bread cake instead. As you may recall, I made this banana bread recipe a while back. It's tried and true from mom and has never failed me. But this recipe called for sour cream. And I have decided that sour cream is the secret ingredient to a lot of desserts.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 c shortening
1 c sugar
2 eggs
3 medium bananas, mashed (the riper, the better)
3 T sour cream
1 T lemon juice
2 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream the shortening and sugar in a large bowl with your mixer. Beat in the eggs and then the bananas, sour cream and lemon juice.

In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry mix to the banana mix and stir until just incorporated.

Pour into a loaf or bundt pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

VERDICT:
Amazing! This was so incredibly moist. My friend's husband ate like 4 pieces! And it was still moist 2 days later when I ate some after work.

I really like that this recipe does not call for oil. I think the sour cream gives it the perfect amount of moistness without making it greasy.

Stop reading and start baking!

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment