Friday, October 2, 2009

Coconut Cake



Every year for Christmas, Mr. Shoe's grandmother makes this coconut cake. And every year I am way too full after dinner to eat a piece. She made it the last time we were visiting my in-laws and I literally almost died from happiness. This just goes to show my "eat dessert first" theory should be implemented all the time!

INGREDIENTS:
1 box white cake mix
1 1/4 c water
1/3 c milk
3 egg whites
2 t coconut extract
1 can condensed milk
1 can vanilla frosting
Coconut flakes

Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl combine first 5 ingredients until well combined. Batter will be lumpy. Pour into a greasted 9 x 13 dish. Bake for 26-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Using the handle end of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the hot cake. Pour the entire can of condensed milk over the hot cake. Set aside and let cool COMPLETELY.

Spread icing over the top of your cooled cake. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.


This is best served cold.

VERDICT:
Dude, get it while you can because this stuff will go FAST. My husband is not a coconut fan at all but even he got excited when he saw me making it.

The pictures that I took do not do this cake justice. I really wish I could capture just how moist it is! It's so moist that it literally fell apart as I was cutting it.

Don't worry. I still ate it. =)

SOURCE:
Our GG!

No comments:

Post a Comment