Sunday, March 22, 2009

Crock Pot Apricot Pork Chops

Hmm, that title kind of rhymes. Ok, so even though my earlier porkchops were a disaster, I decided to give it another go. The thing I don't like about porkchops is that they are always dry. How do we solve that? Put it in the Crock Pot of course! I got this from The CrockPot Lady. Her blog is amazing. I literally spent a week reading the entire thing. You should too.




Ingredients:
4-6 pork chops
1 12oz jar apricot jam
3 T brown sugar
1 t kosher salt
1/2 t black pepper
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t cloves
11 oz orange juice*

Place your pork chops in the bottom of your crockpot.

In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the orange juice. Mix well. Spoon the jam mixture over the pork chops. Pour the orange juice on top.

Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

It literally took me less than 10 minutes to put this together.

*I am aware that the original recipe calls for a can of mandarin oranges. However, I would rather have a limb amputated than eat oranges on my food. I am about to vomit just typing that. So I nixed the oranges and just put some orange juice instead. Yes, I am a freak. Yes, I am ok with that.

Verdict:
::sigh:: One word: Dry. I don't know what I am doing wrong. They spent 9 freaking hours in the CrockPot! Mr. ShoeFanatic says this is why they are dry. I say he's a moron sometimes. Anyway, the sauce was super yummy. I spooned it on top of the rice pilaf and that was awesome. It was ok but I am definitely done with pork! I'm serious this time.

Served With:
Bell Peppers
Uncle Ben's Rice Pilaf

Source:
A Year of Crockpotting

No comments:

Post a Comment