Monday, March 23, 2009

Spinach Salad Dressing

My mom gave me this recipe a couple years ago (I have no clue where she got it) and I love it! I think the flavor of this dressing is really good and when you add different toppings to your salad, it makes it that much better. Very easy too!




Ingredients:
1 c Olive oil
1/4 c sugar
1 egg
2 T Lea & Perrins Worchestire Sauce
1/4 red onion, diced
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
Hard Boiled eggs, 1 per person

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk together and cook over low-med heat. Stir continuously so you don't scramble the egg! Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes. It will start to get thick; that’s when it’s ready.

Ladle over fresh spinach and sliced egg. Add the toppings of your choice. We like feta, pecans and berries.

Verdict:
So I’ve been cooking this ever since I started dating Mr. ShoeFanatic (that’s 3 years in case anyone’s counting) and he has always loved it. Last night he tells me that he never really cared for the dressing but he wanted to make sure we were married before he told me this. Jerk.

Regardless of his ridiculous opinion, I love it and could easily eat this as a side to every meal!

Source:
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment