Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chicken Fettuccini


Many moons ago...

Ok, not really. More like 3 years ago, Mr. ShoeFanatic and I had our first date. But he didn't make this. He grilled steak and shrimp for me and pretended to like wine. Good times...

However, a week into our relationship he did make this meal for me and it might have sealed the deal. No, not that deal. Dirty minds!

He made this for me and it was sooo good that it still remains to be my favorite dish that he cooks. This is most definitely not healthy for you AT ALL. But it's very good and we don't have it often.

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts
Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning Blend
1 c cream
1 c FF half & half
3 T butter
2 c parmesan cheese, grated
White pepper
Nutmeg, freshly grated
Pasta

Season chicken with redfish seasoning to your liking. Grill until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes per side. We did ours on the gas grill but you can do it inside as well.

Once chicken is cooked, set aside and start making sauce.

In a large skillet, melt the butter. Then add the cream and half & half. Bring this yumminess to a light simmer. Stir in parmesan cheese and add nutmeg and white pepper to taste. Simmer until sauce is at desired consistency.

Serve over noodles.

We usually add mushrooms and it's that much tastier.

Verdict:
I feel I should let you all know that Mr. ShoeFanatic usually does not use FF half & half, but because I have decided that I need to lose some unwanted honeymoon weight, he decided to go for it. And I actually like it better. The sauce is normally very thick and rich but this time it was just a little bit thinner and almost tasted...light. I mean, it wasn't light (at all) but it wasn't nearly as rich either. And the chicken (as always) was amazingly moist, tender and flavorful. Good job, honey!

Source:
Mr. ShoeFanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment