Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pasta Salad, Round II


I'm officially a pasta salad freak. It's all I want to eat! So when I came across this recipe, I was dying to try it!

INGREDIENTS:
1 bag pasta shells
Splash of olive oil
1/2 pack pepperoni
Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated

Boil pasta in salted water. Drain in a colander but DON'T RINSE. You want the starch so the dressing coats the pasta. Let pasta cool a bit and add olive oil, pepperoni, cheese and some of the dressing. Just eyeball the dressing. Stick in fridge for it to cool.

Toss in some more dressing just before serving.

VERDICT:
It's ok. I think I like the first one better though. Not that it's bad by any means! I'm not a huge fan of Italian salad dressing and I think that's what is getting to me. I thought it was going to be more basil/cheese flavored. I also think it would be better with bigger chunks of meat in it.

All in all, it's a good and very easy dish with lots of Italian flavors.

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment