Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pimento Cheese Stuffed Burgers


You see the orangey gloop on the right side of the burger? In the words of Guy Fieri*...That's money, baby!

We first cooked these burgers long before we were engaged. And they are so, so, so good. And so, so, so not good for you. But we don't eat them often so it's ok.

Next time you get the urge to fire up the grill, I highly recommend you try these out!

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
Salt & Pepper
4 T pimento cheese
Burger toppings

Season meat to your liking and make 8 (relatively thin) patties. Put 1 T pimento cheese in the center of 4 of the patties. Cover each pimento cheese patty with a non-pimento cheese patty. Seal the edges as best you can.

Grill on aluminum foil for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.

Serve with toppings of your choice. I put jalapenos, provolone cheese**, mayo, ketchup and tomatoes. Mr. SF put all of the above and Tabasco. We like things spicy in our household.


*I can't believe I just quoted him. I can't stand that guy.
**Yes, I realize I put cheese on a cheese stuffed burger. Don't judge.

VERDICT:
At the risk of sounding crude, this burger is like a culinary orgasm.

I don't think I need to elaborate further.

ETA: I think part of what makes this so good is the kind of pimento cheese you use. If you are in the Baton Rouge area, I HIGHLY recommend using the pimento cheese from Calvin's Bocage Market. And while you're there, pick up some chicken salad. It will change your life.

SOURCE:
Kraft Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment