Friday, May 8, 2009

PW's BBQ Meatballs


So even though my first PW recipe was a total flop, I still wanted to make these meatballs. I mean, look at them. Don't you just want to swim in that goodness?

However, I did make a few changes. For one, I did not include onions. I hate onions in my sauce and I wasn't all about them in my meatballs. So I used onion powder instead. I also doubled her sauce recipe. I read somewhere (and I can't remember where) that the sauce didn't make a lot. And I love sauce.

Other than that, these are the real deal.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 c rolled oats
1 c milk
Onion powder
Salt
Black pepper
Flour
Canola Oil

SAUCE:
2 c ketchup
4 T sugar
6 T white vinegar
Onion powder
Tabasco
4 T worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl, mix your beef, oats, milk, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Stir/fold until well combined. Using a small scoop, make the meatballs (I got 28 out of this) and place on a cookie sheet.

Put the cookie sheet in the freezer while you make the sauce.

In a small bowl, mix together all your sauce ingredients. Stir well. Set aside.

Get a plate and put some flour on it. I think I used about 2 cups. Also get a cast iron skillet out and start heating up the canola oil. Last, spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and sit that next to your skillet. Ok, you're ready.

Take the meatballs out of the freezer and dredge each of them in flour. Put 1/3 of your meatballs in the skillet to brown. Don't cook them all the way through, just brown the outsides. As they brown, place them in the casserole dish. Repeat for the remainder of the meatballs.

(My kitchen smells like heaven right now.)

Pour sauce evenly over meatballs and bake for approximately 45 minutes.

(I want to bottle the aroma.)


VERDICT:
Holy mother of all things beefy...this was fantastic! It's just gravy that my kitchen smelled divine for hours. I seriously can't wait to get home and eat them again for supper tonight.

You should make this NOW!

SERVED WITH:
Mashed Potatoes
Hoagie Buns

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment