Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baked Spaghetti


My laziness is at a whole new level. That photo was taken with the plate literally on my lap only after I had taken a bite. I couldn't even take the time to make sure it was clear. Forgive me?

I woke up today with a craving for Italian food and for some reason, immediately thought baked spaghetti would be awesome. Now, I had never cooked (or eaten) it until today but it really seemed simple enough and Mr.ShoeFanatic was on board so I went for you.

(You should too.)

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 box thin spaghetti noodles
Olive oil
1/2 med onion, chopped
1 T minced garlic
Salt & Pepper
1 lb ground beef
1/2 jar Prego traditional sauce
8 oz shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350.

Boil noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft; approximately 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef and cook until browned. Stir in spaghetti sauce and let simmer for a few minutes.

Stir drained noodles into meat sauce. Pour noodle/meat mixture into a greased corning ware dish and top with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes.

VERDICT:
Oh, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!

This was soooo good. I have never been a big fan of grating parmesan over spaghetti but the melted cheese was seriously the best thing ever. And it was super easy! I started cooking around 7:30 and we were eating within the hour.

I do not know why it took me so long to discover Baked Spaghetti but I can assure you, that I will definitely be cooking this more often!

SOURCE:
Adapted from AllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment