Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

I didn't take a photo of this as it was coming out the oven like I should have. I still have some in the fridge but I'm not sure how scrumptious it will look so this might be a pictureless post.

Everyone has a recipe for spinach and artichoke dip. So when my very good friend K told me she was bringing one to our couples shower last October, I didn't really think twice about it. But when she got here and I tasted it...whoa!

When making this, I usually end up messing with the quantities depending on how I want it to come out (creamier, cheesier, etc.). I left the artichokes out once for a friend who was allergic and it tasted just fine.

INGREDIENTS:
1 stick butter
1 med onion, chopped
2 10 oz packs frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
1 c Monterey jack cheese, shredded & divided
1 c parmesan cheese, grated & divided
2 T Tabasco sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion and sauté until soft. About 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, ¾ c parmesan and ¾ c Monterey jack, Tabasco and salt. Cook until well mixed.

Pour mixture into ½ quart casserole dish. (Dish can be made ahead up to this point.) Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Bake until warm and bubbly. About 15-20 minutes.

VERDICT:
Like I said...whoa! This is by far the best spinach and artichoke dip I have ever had. I think what makes me like it so much is that it's spicy. The Tabasco and Monterey Jack are an amazing combination!

I made this for a party on Saturday and everyone loved it! Definitely make this for your next get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment