Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blondies


I swear, I am the most random person ever.

So this afternoon I was hungry for something sweet. I grabbed a couple cookies. But I only ate one because it just wasn't what I really wanted. I decided I wanted cake. I figured when Mr. ShoeFanatic called to tell me he was on his way home, I'd have him stop at the store. Then I took a nap. And woke up craving blondies. Want to know the kicker?

I have never had a blondie in my life.

::sigh::

A quick blog search produced some fairly easy looking recipes. And I had all the ingredients on hand. Score.

Ingredients:
6 T butter, melted
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
1 c flour
1/4 t baking powder
Your choice of Add-In's (see below)

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter in the microwave and then let it cool for 5 minutes.

While it's cooling.....In a square baking pan, make a foil sling and spray with nonstick spray.

Mix the brown sugar and butter and beat until smooth. Beat in the egg and then the vanilla. Add the salt, then mix in the flour and baking powder.

Last, stir in any additions. I used some semi sweet chocolate chips and pecans.

Pour batter in pan. Spread evenly with a greased spatula. Bake for 20-25 minutes. I took mine out right at 20 minutes. Mr. ShoeFanatic thinks they should have cooked longer but I disagree.

When they are done, take them out of the pan (that you won't have to wash because of the foil) and cut them on a cutting board. They would be great with ice cream (sadly, I don't have any).

Add-In Suggestions:
1/2 c chips (semi sweet, milk chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate, peanut butter)
1/2 c chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)
1/2 c chopped candy (m&m's, Reese's cups, snickers, chocolate mints)
1/4 c toffee pieces
1/2 t mint extract in addition to, or instead of, vanilla extract
Whatever you find in your pantry that you think would be good

Verdict:
Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH.

"Hi, blondies. I'm Mrs. ShoeFanatic."
"Hi, Mrs. ShoeFanatic. You can call me HEAVEN."

There are no words to describe just how freaking good these are. And that's crazy because I am a chocoholic! I now am scoffing at the idea of boxed brownies because these are the best freaking things that have ever touched my tongue.

I used semi sweet chocolate chips because that's what we had but I actually prefer milk chocolate so I would probably use that next time. Not that the semi sweet made them bad or anything. They are still amazing. For some reason I am thinking that butterscotch chips would also be really good.

Then again, I think smearing this on my spare tire would make it look appetizing so what do I know.

Source:
Cook Like A Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment