Monday, April 13, 2009

Roasted Asparagus


ETA: I made these again so I got a chance to take a picture before it disappeared!

I love asparagus. Fortunately, I am not one of those people who gets smelly pee after eating it so I really could eat it every day. Was that a TMI? Oh well.

I found this recipe last year for Easter and we both loved it. I don't actually measure anything for this. I just do whatever looks right.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus
Olive oil
Basalmic vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 475.

Cut off the ends of asparagus and rinse well. Lay them out on a pan with a lipped edge.

Pour/sprinkle olive oil and basalmic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to your desired taste.

Roast for 10 minutes or until tender.

Verdict:
Huge hit! So huge that we didn't have any leftover and I didn't take a picture beforehand. :( Sorry!

I really think the secret here is using good basalmic vinegar. I know I've mentioned this before, but the one we use is from Olivier in St. Helena, CA. We got it on our honeymoon and it is like heaven in a bottle! The one we got was actually the V.S.O.P vinegar. I don't know what that stands for but it's different from the regular basalmic vinegar.

Definitely don't let this sauce go to waste! Soak it up with bread or lick your plate. Just don't throw it out!

Source:
Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment