Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Christen's Maw Maw Doris' Famous Banana Pudding


I needed a dessert to bring to a friends house since we were invading her privacy to watch the football game. And she LOVES banana pudding. Now, I've made banana pudding before. And it's very good. But I like to try new things and the sour cream in this recipe intrigued me. Plus, Christen doesn't make bad food so I trust anything and everything that comes off her blog. And who doesn't love banana pudding!?!?!?

INGREDIENTS:
1 sm pkg French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
1 sm pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
1 sm pkg Banana Cream Instant Pudding Mix
5 c milk
4 oz sour cream
16 oz homemade whipped topping (or Cool Whip)
1 box Nilla Wafers
4 lg bananas, sliced

In a large bowl, mix the 3 pudding mixes, milk, sour cream and half of your whipped topping. Whisk until well mixed.

In your another large bowl (or casserole dish), put a layer of your pudding mixture, 1 layer of bananas and 1 layer of cookies.


Keep layering until you get to the top of your dish. Top with remainder of whipped topping.

Keep refrigerated.

VERDICT:
OMG, this is farking fantastic. Seriously. The best banana pudding that has ever graced my tongue.

Do note that this recipe makes a LOT. I probably could have made 2 dishes with all the pudding it makes. So I recommend using a large dish to serve it in.

I did 3 layers in my dish because I had so much pudding but I probably could have gotten away with just 2 layers. I also ended my layers with the cookies just underneath the whipped topping. Next time, I think I will end with a layer of pudding beneath the whipped topping.

And I may or may not have eaten several of these:


This is an excellent dessert for a large crowd!

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment